Note to Self: Do Not Smile at Men at Whole Foods

I needed to do a little grocery shopping tonight, so I stopped by Whole Foods. The first item I needed to get was parsley (for the guinea pigs, Gus and Richard Lewis). I started grabbing bunches of them and one kept falling off the shelf onto the floor, so finally, I put some extra force into getting in back on the shelf and staying there. There was a man who was maybe in his 50s watching this. I smiled at him and laughed about what just happened.

I strolled away to get the rest of my items and I continued to be on every aisle with this man. I kept smiling and trying to do my grocery shopping and he kept smiling back. It made just a wee bit uncomfortable.

When I was done gathering my food supplies, I rolled over to a register and my new friend decided he needed to get in line behind me (yippy). He stopped, looked at me, and said, "You have such a nice smile." Don't get me wrong I will never turn down a compliment, but I was now stuck at the register and forced to talk to this man. He told me all about how wonderful the chips are that I was buying and how he liked my yellow nail polish. Then the check out guy said, "That's a lot of parsley." I explained that it's for my pet guinea pigs and they get nothing but the best organic parsley (this is only because Whole Foods is around the corner and I was too lazy to go anywhere else).

My new number 1 fan said that he thought his daughters may have had guinea pigs growing up. Oh, I'm so glad we have this in common. I am now ready to leave, but the guy at the register is still ringing me up. More small talk about my pets occurs. Thankfully, I was able to leave without having to give my name or any other information about myself.

Popular posts from this blog

There Is Always Something to See

Some Houses Are Worth Reopening

BRUTAL: Punishably Hard or Uncomfortable