Some Houses Are Worth Reopening

Nearly twenty years ago, I started this blog.

Back then, blogging was just what people did. Somehow, this little corner of the internet survived everything that came after.

If you’ve been here before, welcome back. If you’re new here, welcome. Either way, come on in.

Evidently this blog and I have reached an understanding. Every few years one of us looks at the other and says, “We’re not done yet.”

Over the last twenty years, I hope I’ve changed in all the ways that matter. I also hope I haven’t changed in the ones that don’t. I’ve always been curious. I’ve always loved stories. And apparently, I’ve always been willing to write about my life, sometimes with more honesty than was probably advisable.

If you decide to wander through the archives, proceed at your own risk. Those posts span nearly twenty years of my life. They’re an honest snapshot of who I was at the time. Some will make me laugh. Some will probably make me cringe. I’m leaving them exactly as they are.

Life, however, hasn’t stopped while the blog has been mostly quiet.

I’ve written a memoir that I’ll probably never publish. I’ve found an unexpected writing home on LinkedIn. Steven and I have discovered that AI is a ridiculously good travel planner, and somewhere along the way we’ve developed our own travel philosophy.

We usually start with one destination, one attraction, or one ridiculous idea…and then let curiosity take over. Some adventures have already happened. Some are planned. Some are still nothing more than conversations over dinner that we hope become reality.

We’ve also managed to eat our way through more famous regional cakes than any two people reasonably should.

Somewhere along the way, I realized I’d stopped writing those stories down.

Social media is wonderful for quick updates, but I’d forgotten how much I missed having a place that felt like home.

So consider this the reopening of an old house.

Some of the furniture is familiar. Some of the wallpaper is definitely showing its age. There’s apparently still a fundraiser from 2018 hiding in a closet that I haven’t figured out how to remove yet.

The stories haven’t stopped.

I just wasn’t writing them down here.

The front door is open again.

I hope you’ll stop by once in a while.


Popular posts from this blog

There Is Always Something to See

BRUTAL: Punishably Hard or Uncomfortable